Tuesday 17 January 2012

Up to date

I have been playing 40k since it was Rogue Trader about 24 years ago in that time I have tried most army's in one way be it to buy, loan or use Stand in models but have always gone back to the same two forces my Guard and my Thousand Sons. After all them years I have ended up as you would expect with a lot of models for both army's but never really painted allot of them or gave them a fast paint job just to get them on the table and never really worked out what colours / style to do my guard army till I read about the Spireguard. Now with a plan in place and a colour scheme based on the pre-Heresy Thousand sons I can start really working on my guard to go with my Sons to make one HUGH army.

Start of some Background for the Spireguard and some work done
"The 1st reformed Spireguard" after multiple go's at breaching the elder black library Ahriman come to the conclusion that he needed more power, more artifacts and most of all more men, After a vision showed him memory's of his past fighting with the old Spireguard he vowed to resurrect the old guard force at 1st he was going to start requiting rebel guardsmen and pirates but as fate would have it about this time news come to him of a planet rebelling near what was once Prospero a plan from in seconds and with in the hour his ship was on its way and messages sent to all his contacts to join him there, it toke 3 weeks to travel to the planet with many of his agents arriving first and setting in motion there masters plans, by the time Ahriman landed the rebelling seemed to of completely vanished and the world looked stable again many messages had been forwarded to the imperial saying a few marines in Gray army had turned up and put down the rebelling and then left, since that day Ahriman has been using this planet as a staging ground for his Spireguard and a safe haven for his forces and agents all the time keep the look that the planet is still loyal to the imperial.

Resreach in to the Spireguard has not turned up much but I fond:

Prospero Spireguard

Commander:
Captain Sokhem Vithara is captain of the 15th Prosperine Assault Infantry, one of the Prospero Spireguard Regiments.

Notable Actions:
Pacification of the Ark Reach Cluster. Usually accompany the Thousand Sons Expeditionary Fleets. Defence of Prospero.

Uniform:
Crimson greatcoats, heavy boots and silver shakoes

Other Info Source: Thousand Sons

And

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=72210

I am still looking for more.

I have started Painting a Full Platoon of
Command squad with 2 plasma Guns
5 x Infantey Squads with 3 meltas + 2 plasma guns + 2 mortars + a Heavy Bolter
4 x Heavy weapon squads with 6 autocannons + 6 missle lunchers
as well as 2 Manticores (with magnitc bits so they can both be used as Deathstrikes if I want to)
and 1 Leman Russ (Battle cannon and Demoisher Turrets)

a Taste:



This will be my test force to see how the colours hold up.

This Bright red force should look quite the contrest to my blue Thousand sons and in Apoclpyses games should look really good.

Still need to find more pictures and info on how the Sun's of damnation look so I can work on my warhound titan.


Old Game photos
Here are some photos from games I have played with my Thousand sons




No comments:

Post a Comment